Friday, June 9, 2017

The Brothers Garden

Although my three boys help here and there with our various gardens, my oldest has been begging recently for a garden of his brother's and his very own. The other day, his wish was granted, and all three boys set to work creating their "Brothers Garden!" I helped a bit with the initial digging, but otherwise, I let the boys completely do their own thing. They worked together very well digging, edging and planting their garden. Here are photos of the process:




























































This summer's garden consists of a cherry tomato plant, an eggplant plant, a green bell pepper plant, a basil plant, and some marigolds. The boys are starting small until they get used to the responsibility and hard work involved with taking care of a garden. I may remind them to check on their garden from time to time, but the farming of this little patch of land is up to them! I can't wait to see what the boys are able to grow in their garden. My oldest son is already talking about all of the food he plans to make with their harvest. 

A cold, tasty treat was well-deserved after so much time spent working in the great outdoors...



A Brothers Garden isn't complete without a colorful, welcoming sign...






No comments:

Post a Comment